UK-based Subsea 7 announced a consortium comprised of its Nigerian subsidiary and West African Ventures have won a contract from Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria to develop Erha North field in Nigeria.
The two companies will develop the offshore field located in water depths between 1,000m and 1,200m.
Scope of work for Subsea 7 includes engineering, procurement, fabrication and installation of 25km of flowlines, 15km of umbilicals, and 17 rigid jumpers.
In addition, the company will also modify the floating, production, storage and offloading (FPSO) unit to integrate it with the new subsea facilities.
For the development of the Erha North field, the consortium will employ local skill and resources in Nigeria.
Design and fabrication of subsea structures will be executed in Nigeria and engineering work is expected to begin soon whereas the offshore installation is scheduled to start in early 2005.
ExxonMobil, with 56.25% interest in the Ehra North project, is the operator while Shell holds the remaining 43.75% in it.